Home Security Advice
28 May 2019
Security is something all homeowners sadly need to be concerned with today. Here are some tips to help you out.
All homes need alarm system
For most individuals their home is their pride and joy. People work all of their lives in order to be able to afford a beautiful humble abode. It is sad to think that you need to take the necessary precautions in order to protect your property from intruders. However, it is always better to be safe rather than sorry. At the end of the day, alarm systems cost nothing in comparison to what you could lose if someone snuck into your home. In order to elaborate further, let’s reveal the top seven reasons why all homes should have an alarm system.
1. Protect your assets
As touched upon in the introduction, you have worked hard to pay for your house and everything that is inside it. Alarm systems go a long way to protecting everything you own. As soon as an intruder enters your premises you will be alerted. It is unlikely that the person in question will have time to take anything. The sound of the system should be enough to ward them away.
2. Deter intruders
The sheer presence of an alarm system will deter intruders from attempting to break into your home. They will see that you have a burglar alarm in place and thus they will prefer to poach on somebody who is an easier target.
3. Upgrade property value
A quality alarm system will enhance the value of your home. Security is something many people are taking seriously nowadays. Unfortunately crimes, such as break-ins, are not as uncommon as we would like them to be. Because of this security is often one of the first things people look for when they are buying or renting a home.
4. Peace of mind
There is nothing more important than feeling comfortable in your own home. An alarm system can create a sense of ease because you know that if any intruder approaches the house you will know about it and something will be done. If you don’t have a burglar alarm then it can be very easy for you to worry.
5. Alarm systems are cheap
The purchase of an alarm system is a cheap yet effective way to protect your home. Burglar alarms have been around for a while now and therefore you can definitely get some good deals. Nevertheless, it is crucial to remember how important quality is too. Don’t merely go for a certain alarm system because the price tag is tempting.
6. Ease of use
Alarm systems require very little effort on your part. All you need to do is make sure that you switch the alarm on. It is very unlikely that you will forget to do this and therefore you can be safe in the knowledge that your home is protected at all times.
7. Beneficial even when out of town
There have been huge advancements in alarm systems over the years. Nowadays you can opt to have a text message sent to your phone if the alarm has been set off. This means that you can be kept up to date regarding your house even if you are not at home.
Have a good locksmith on hand
Do you need the locks changed at your property? Perhaps you fear someone unwanted could have access to your home? Maybe you require your window locking system upgraded for extra security? There are many different reasons for needing a locksmith service. This is why it is important to source a reputable company. After all, nine times out of ten, this is the sort of service you are going to need in an emergency, and so you won’t have a lot of time to do research.
Look for a company that has a vast assortment of standard lock systems available, and make sure that all of their locksmiths are highly trained and extremely experienced. They should not operate via one-size fits all approach. All lock changes should be catered to suit our customer’s individual requirements. The company should also cater to emergency requirements, as they should appreciate how important immediate protection is.
Some other quick tips
• Install security grilles: Security grilles are advisable because they are not only a deterrent against crime, but they provide a physical barrier too. This means that your property will be equally protected when occupied or empty.
• Don’t draw attention to any new purchases: By putting out boxes for expensive new laptops and televisions, you’re advertising what you have inside your property.
• Reinforce entry points: As mentioned earlier, most burglaries occur through the front or back doors, so make an effort to secure these.
• Get a dog: This isn’t going to be for everyone. But, if you were thinking about getting a dog, now is the time. Dogs can be a great deterrent against thieves.
• Replace your front door with one that does not have a letterbox: Burglars can look through your letterbox, and they can even put devices through to help them gain access.
• Install CCTV: If you can afford to fit CCTV in your home, you should certainly do so. Nowadays, this is becoming a lot more affordable than it once was, so it’s worth exploring your options.