Guest Bloggers: Do You Want to be a Contributor on my Blog?
10 Jan 2018
Are you a freelance writer that needs a place to host an article? Are you a blogger that needs exposure with a link back to your blog, with a guest post on another blog? You’ve come to the right place.
For potential authors, I request the following:
1. A Globally Recognized Avatar. If you don’t already have one, sign up for a Gravatar, and upload a bio picture.* Once your Gravatar is set up, provide me with the email address associated with our Gravatar account. This will help bring in your bio picture into the author profile on my blog.
* An author picture is mandatory for all of our guest writers, as I like my readers to see who is writing the article. All of my authors have a picture and bio. Please don’t use clipart or other fake images – a picture of yourself is necessary to get past this stage of approval. After this is done, I will just need the email address associated with the Gravatar to create an author bio for you on my blog.
2. A short bio. Please email to me, so I can add it to your author profile on my blog.
3. All original content. What you are submitting to us as a guest post cannot be posted elsewhere – either previously or in the future. I will be checked for plagiarism through Copyscape.
4. Your own photos or royalty-free images. At least 2 high resolution original pictures (horizontal – landscape format) to support the blog post, with proper usage rights.* Pictures make the article more aesthetically pleasing and easier to read.
* Pictures must be original – taken by you, or a link of the picture you want to use sent to me from a royalty-free photo site like Pixabay, Unsplash, or Pexels.
5. SEO keywords. We want your article to be found easily.
6. Advance ideas of topics you want to write about. Pitch your ideas ahead of time.*
* I will work with you to ensure what you submit will be of value to my readers.
• food and drink
• mental health
• self improvement
• home improvement / DIY
• interior design
• graphic design
• social media
If the potential contributor has another topic they would like to write about, they can pitch it to me here. If it fits with my audience, I will add the category.
Topics that will not be accepted: politics, religion, violence, guns, ammunition, drugs, porn, dating sites, rants, company or brand bashing, smoking, or vaping. No exceptions.
Content of submitted articles must be unique (not posted elsewhere), and will be checked using Copyscape. Content must be high quality, void of poor spelling and bad grammar. No poorly written or Google translated content will be accepted.
The content of the article cannot appear too salesy, or mention a company. If it does, it is an advertorial. All advertorials on my blog need to be under a full sponsored agreement. I can send you my rate card if this is the case.
Please note: bigdaddykreativ.ca does not claim ownership for any blog post submitted by a guest blogger. All guest bloggers are solely responsible for any issues or lawsuits that might arise from something they have written.
All links in articles will be no-follow. Please contact me for articles requiring do-follow links.
Posting to bigdaddykreativ.ca
I will handle all of the picture resizing and colour correction, uploading, and article formatting. Once completed, I will send the contributor a draft, and work with them to schedule the article(s) in my publishing schedule.
What’s In It For You?
All guest bloggers on bigdaddykreativ.ca will have an author picture and bio at the end of every post they write. I include a link back to their blog (or whichever site they want) within the article, but not in the author bio. Unfortunately, the author bio does not allow for any links to be embedded.
Once the guest blogger’s author profile is set up on bigdaddykreativ.ca, they can submit articles to me whenever they want.
Whenever the post is promoted on social, the guest blogger’s associated social media account will be tagged.
All articles on bigdaddykreativ.ca are promoted on my social channels. If the post is evergreen (not date specific), it will be promoted on an on-going basis. Currently, bigdaddykreativ has 38,000+ followers on Twitter, and 6700+ fans on Facebook. I also expect all of my guest bloggers to promote their posts on their own social channels, similar to how I promote.
Guest Bloggers: Become A Contributor Today!
That’s it! I look forward to hearing from you with your guest post pitch ideas.
Craig is a husband, a father, team leader, senior youth group coordinator, designer, brander, community builder, volunteer, blogger, and social media manager. Craig likes to go camping, travel, go on road trips, watch movies, read with his girls, build stuff, operate the grill, and play bass guitar. In June 2017, PR firm Cision identified Craig as one of Canada’s top 10 most popular male bloggers in the parents and family space. Known as Big Daddy Kreativ, his blog specializes in travel, lifestyle, food, automotive, events, parenting, movies, tech, recipes, health, pets, reviews, and giveaways.