The Eco-Friendly Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank All-in-One Printer
10 Jun 2019
Disclosure: I received the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank All-in-One printer for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Having a printer at home has become a necessity. The girls are always working on projects and need to be able to print. Printing in colour just makes everything that much better. But with so many colour printers out there, how do you choose which one is best for your needs?
Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank All-in-One Printer
What’s In The Box
• Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank all-in-one printer
• CD-ROM for product setup
• Power cord
Included ink in the box:
• 2 bottles 502 Black (127 mL)
• 2 bottles 502 Cyan (70 mL)
• 2 bottles 502 Magenta (70 mL)
• 2 bottles 502 Yellow (70 mL)
Cartridge-free printing. Comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box.
Includes enough ink to print up to 14,000 pages black/11,200 colour. Equivalent to about 30 ink cartridge sets.
Save up to 80 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles. Plus easy-to-fill, supersized ink tanks.
Load paper less often. High-capacity 250-sheet paper tray.
Easy touch-and-swipe setup and navigation. Large 2.4″ colour touchscreen.
Do more. 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder; auto 2-sided printing; borderless printing; fax.
Powered by PrecisionCore printing technology. Delivers laser-quality black text.
Ultimate wireless and networking. Easily print from iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and smartphones; includes Wi-Fi Direct plus Ethernet.
Exclusive EcoFit bottle design. Uniquely keyed for easy filling of the printer.
Product protection you can count on. 2-year limited warranty with registration.
• Save up to 50 percent of your paper supply with automatic, 2-sided printing
• ENERGY STAR qualified
• RoHS compliant
• Recyclable product
Note: This section includes complete specifications for the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank all-in-one printer. If you are just looking for the review portion, proceed to Desktop and Mobile Printing.
• 4-colour (CMYK), drop-on demand MicroPiezo® inkjet technology/PrecisionCore 1S printhead
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
• 3 droplet sizes, as small as 3 picoliters
Maximum Print Resolution
• 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi
ISO Print Speed: Black
• 15 ISO ppm, Color: 8 ISO ppm
2-Sided ISO Print Speed
• Black: 6.5 ISO ppm
• Color: 4.5 ISO ppm
• EcoTank Ink Bottles
• Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black
• 4 individual ink bottles
• 502 Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• ISO Yield, Epson Methodology – Black: 7,500, Color: 6,000
• Windows® 10
• Windows 8, 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
• Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
• Windows Server® 2003 – Windows Server 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit)
• Mac® OS X® 10.6 – macOS® 10.12.x
• Windows Server 2003 – Windows Server 2016
• Operating: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
• Storage: -4° to 104° F (-20° to 40° C)
• Operating: 20 – 80% RH
• Storage: 5 – 85% RH (no condensation)
• Power: 6.4 B(A)
• Pressure: 52 dB(A)
• Printing: 16.4″ x 19.8″ x 10.0″ (W x D x H)
• Storage: 14.8″ x 13.7″ x 9.1″ (W x D x H)
• 16.1 lb
• Safety standards UL60950, CSA C22.2 No. 60950 EMI FCC Part 15 subpart B class B, CAN/CSA-CEI/IEC CISPR 22 class B
ISO Copy Speed
• Black: 11 ISO cpm
• Colour: 5.5 ISO cpm
• Colour/Black-and-White; Draft/Normal
• 1 – 99 (PC-free)
Maximum Copy Size
• 8.5″ x 14″
• 1-sided to 2-sided
• Reduction and Enlargement (25 – 400%)
• Remove Shadow
• Remove Punch Holes
• ID Copy
• Colour flatbed / ADF
• Colour CIS line sensor
• 2400 dpi
• 1200 x 2400 dpi
Colour Bit Depth
• 9600 dpi interpolated
• 48-bit colour input / 24-bit colour output
• Black & White and Colour
• Up to 33.6 Kbps – as fast as 3 sec per page
• Up to 100 pages
• Send/Receive, Fax to Email, Fax to Folder
• Hi-Speed USB
• Wireless (802.11 b/g/n)
• Ethernet (10/100 Mbps)
• Wi-Fi Direct6
Mobile Printing Solutions
• Epson® Email Print, Epson Remote Print, Epson Scan to Cloud8, Epson iPrint™ App (iOS®, Android)
• Apple® AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Android printing, Fire™ OS printing, Mopria® Print Service
PC-Free Paper Support
• Plain (letter, half letter, executive, 8.5″ x 11″, A4)
• Photo (4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, letter, A4)
• 3.5″ x 5″, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, 8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″, A4, A6, half letter, executive, user definable (3.5″ x 5″ – 8.5″ x 47″)
Maximum Paper Size
• 8.5 x 47.2 inch
• Plain paper
• Epson Bright White Paper
• Epson Presentation Paper Matte
• Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
• Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided
• Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
• No. 10
Input Paper Capacity
• 250 sheets plain paper
• 2.4″ color touchscreen
• EPSON printer driver, EPSON Scan, PC-Fax: Internet access is required to install OS X drivers and software.
Monthly Duty Cycle
• Up to 5,000 pages (Recommended monthly page volume: up to 800 pages)
• FCC Part 15 (USA), CISPR 22 (Canada)
• AC 100 – 240V Universal (Auto)
• 50 – 60 Hz
• Approx. 12 W ISO 24712 (Standalone copy printing)
• Approx. 5.4 W (Ready)
• Approx. 1.0 W (Sleep)
• Approx. 0.2 W (Power off) ENERGY STAR® qualified
• 0.4A – 0.2A
Setting Up The Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank
Note: This review includes comprehensive instructions on the initial setup process of the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank all-in-one printer. If you are just looking for the review portion, proceed to Desktop and Mobile Printing.
Setting up the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank is easy, but it does take a while to properly complete. Watch the video above to get a clear understanding of how to set up the Epson WorkForce ET-4750.
Before plugging in the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank, you must fill the 4 ink chambers with the coinciding uniquely keyed EcoFit™ ink bottles. Start with the black ink, fill the chamber, set the bottle aside. Repeat for the other 3 colours. Once the chambers are full, plug in the ET-4750, then switch the power on. Push the help button for 3 seconds, and then a screen will pop up. Click “done”. The ink will then start charging. Overall, this should take about 10 minutes.
Once this process is complete, close the ink tank cover and scanner unit. Select “next” and follow the on-screen instructions to reset the ink levels. Follow the on-screen instructions to adjust the print quality. Press OK to continue.
Once the printer has finished charging, open the paper cassette and put in 8 ½” x 11” paper. If using glossy paper, insert glossy side down. Pull out the output tray before printing.
You will now complete a series of test prints, to ensure the print quality is just right.
The first print test uses a nozzle check pattern to ensure the print heads are working properly. Once printed, check the pattern for any gaps. If there are no gaps, your print heads are not clogged, and you can proceed to the next test.
The second print test checks the alignment of the print heads. The printout gives you 2 columns with 6 printed vertical lines. Choose which line in each row lines up the best.
The third print test checks for vertical alignment. The printout gives you 6 rows with 7 printed boxes. Choose which box in each row has the least amount of vertical lines. Essentially, you want that box to contain no lines.
The fourth print test checks for ruled line alignment. The printout gives you 2 rows with 7 printed vertical lines. Choose which line in each row lines up the best.
Desktop and Mobile Printing
Whether you’re printing school projects or reports for work, the Epson ET-4750 does a very nice job. The printer can be connected to your home wifi network allowing all devices on the network to have access to the printer. Our family has iPhones, laptops, and multiple desktops. We all have access to the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 from anywhere in our home.
We were really excited to test out the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 and see the quality of its colour printing. Of course, we had to pick a Bob Ross painting as our first print. Rachel found a really pretty one with lots of colours. We were all amazed at how clear and vivid the printed result was.
The Epson EcoTank is ENERGY STAR® qualified because it has automatic 2 sided printing and so much of it is recyclable. You can find out how to recycle the printer and the ink bottles on Epson’s website.
Ease of Use
Right from the start of setting up the printer to making our first print, we were amazed at how easy each step was. The EcoFit™ bottles are made so that each colour only fits into that colour tank in the printer. You can’t put the cyan ink into the magenta tank by mistake. Loading the paper is very straightforward. All of the menus and prompts on the printer’s display are very easy to read and all of the instructions are easy to follow. Epson has put the user guide online so it’s easy to get the answers for any questions you might have.
The amount of noise emitted from the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank is about average for an inkjet printer. It is a bit noisy, but I normally listen to music when I am working, so it doesn’t bother me at all.
Print Head Cleaning
This process for cleaning the print heads is very similar to the initial printer setup. This process should be done whenever you notice gaps or blank spots in your printouts, or when you refill the print cartridges. Follow the easy step-by-step instructions in the video above.
Scanning & Copying
Although we don’t have a need for a scanner most of the time, it’s nice to have one if it’s ever needed. The bed scanner’s 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder allows for easy scanning or copying of bigger documents. Documents can be scanned to a connected computer or to the cloud. Scanning to the cloud requires an Epson Connect account.
Since we do not have a home phone line, we could not test this feature. For those who many need a fax machine, this device has lots of nice features like an address book for frequent contacts. The manual has more information on faxing.
Overall we really liked the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank All-in-One Printer. It was easy to set up and easy to use. The colour or black and white print outs are great quality for submitting for a work report, school project, or for a photo to display. It’s not an expensive printer and the ink is quite affordable, which would make it affordable in the long run. The easy to refill tanks and recyclable bottles are a nice plus for our environment. If you’re looking for an all-in-one colour inkjet printer for your home or home office, that has scanning and faxing capabilities, the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 EcoTank is definitely a great choice.
Craig is a husband, a father, team leader, senior youth group coordinator, designer, brander, community builder, volunteer, blogger, and social media manager. Craig likes to go camping, travel, go on road trips, watch movies, read with his girls, build stuff, operate the grill, and play bass guitar. In June 2017, PR firm Cision identified Craig as one of Canada’s top 10 most popular male bloggers in the parents and family space. Known as Big Daddy Kreativ, his blog specializes in travel, lifestyle, food, automotive, events, parenting, movies, tech, recipes, health, pets, reviews, and giveaways.
22 Jul 2019 - Tech