Noshing through the Weekend at Echo’s Dining Lounge. @bayviewwildwood #WinterWell #OntLakeCountry #sponsored
19 Mar 2018
We dined well while staying at Bayview Wildwood Resort. Echo’s Dining Lounge provided an intimate dining experience, with a warm atmosphere, and a panoramic view of Sparrow Lake. Everything you would come to expect from a resort in Ontario’s Lake Country.
Breakfast and dinners are included in the cost of your stay. Lunches are an extra cost.
For those who like a drink with or after their meal, there is a full bar offering spirits, beer, wine, cocktails, liqueurs, coolers, and hot alcoholic drinks. All bar purchases are an extra cost.
Friday Dinner at Echo’s Dining Lounge
Dinner on Friday is the first meal included with the weekend package at Bayview Wildwood Resort.
Green & Red Lentil Soup
• Fresh micro sprouts
Chef’s Garden Vegetable Salad
• Served with your choice of select house dressings
Wildwood Spinach Salad
• Baby spinach leaves, slivered strawberries, Bermuda onion, candied pecans, goats milk cheese, balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Classic Fish ’N Chips
• Housemade coleslaw, tartar sauce
Tri Colour Cheese Tortellini
• Cheese stuffed tortellini, pesto cream sauce, shaved parmigiano
White Chocolate Mousse
• Chocolate scented berries
Individual Pumpkin Pie
• Chantilly cream
• In a large glass
Chocolate Fudge Sundae
• French vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, maraschino cherry, sprinkles, hot fudge sauce
• French vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, maraschino cherry, sprinkles, hot butterscotch sauce
Saturday Lunch at R Cottage
For lunch on Saturday, we went to R Cottage in Washago. The food is amazing! If you are staying at Bayview Wildwood Resort, want to eat somewhere other than Echo’s Dining Lounge for lunch, I highly recommend the 15 minute drive to R Cottage. It’s a dining experience you will never forget.
Saturday Dinner at Echo’s Dining Lounge
This was probably my favourite meal at Bayview. The girls were still quite full from lunch, so decided to snack off the buffet.
Beer Braised Short Rib
• Savoury tomato onion jam, mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli
• Spinach & ricotta stuffed cannelloni pasta, zesty fire roasted tomato sauce, shaved parmagiano reggiano
Sunday Lunch at Echo’s Dining Lounge
We ate lunch at a table overlooking Sparrow Lake. As we were eating, friends from our church walked in for lunch. They have a cottage nearby, and often come to Bayview Wildwood Resort for meals because they love the food.
• steak, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar, garlic mayonaise, crispy fries
Buffalo Chicken Caesar Wrap
• crispy breaded chicken, mild buffalo sauce, traditional caesar salad, flour tortilla wrap, crispy fries
• Tender breaded chicken strips, crispy fries, plum dip
Hearty Beef Chili
• housemade chill con carne, oven fresh dinner roll
Sunday Dinner at Echo’s Dining Lounge
We all looked at the menu, looked at each other, and knew we were ordering the same main course.
Cream of Broccoli Soup
• Sharp cheddar sprinkle
Traditional Caesar Salad
• Crisp Romaine lettuce, smoked bacon crumble, shaved parmigiano, herbed croutons, signature dressing
Roast New York Striploin
• Served medium, green peppercorn cream, Yorkshire pudding, loaded baked potato, roasted red peppers and asparagus
Breakfasts on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
For the 3 mornings we were there, we all had the breakfast buffet.
Each morning, there were various combinations of eggs, eggs Benedict, pancakes, bacon, sausage…
as well as an omelette station…
various cereals, bread, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, and pastries.
Two Thumbs Up for Echo’s Dining Lounge!
We were all completely satisfied with the quality of food at each meal, and the service from the wait staff was amazing. The kitchen and wait staff went over and above to ensure the picky eaters in our family were happy with our meals, and customized / substituted when requested.
We ate well, and had a great view of Sparrow Lake. What more could you ask for?
Be sure to finish off your dinners with a decadent chocolate or butterscotch sundae.
Disclaimer: Our meals were covered by Bayview Wildwood Resort. All opinions are my own.