A couple months ago, I got a new car, and have been pretty good about the general cleanliness. But with all of the camping that we have been doing, a lot of dirt gets tracked into the car. As well, with my daily schedule, I doesn’t have a lot of time to dedicate to cleaning my car.
Lugging our Dyson DC77 outside is always possible and it would do a great job. However, it can be a hassle moving around in the car with a larger vacuum, and can be limiting because of the cord attached. It’s not an efficient use of time, although it would do an amazing job!
The new Dyson V7 Car+Boat handheld is a much better choice. It is so much easier than using a full vacuum in the car, and is much better than previous handheld vacuums we have owned. I love our big Dyson but the small size of the Dyson V7 Car+Boat handheld makes it easy to get into the tight spaces!
Dyson V7 Car+Boat Features• Dyson Digital Motor: Powered by Dyson’s patented digital motor V7. Creates a powerful cord-free handheld vacuum.
• 2 Tier Radial™ cyclones: 15 cyclones work in parallel across two tiers to capture microscopic dust and allergens.
• Lightweight and maneuverable: The power dense motor sits close to your hand, so the centre of gravity is close to the wrist. Weighing only 3.8 lbs., cleaning the dashboard, around the brake and gas pedals, trailer ceilings, and the trunk requires little effort.
• Up to 30 minutes of fade-free suction.
What’s in the box• Dyson V7 Car+Boat
• Mini motorized tool: to remove hair and ground-in dirt from car seats
• Stiff bristle brush: for tough, dried on dirt
• Soft dusting brush: gently removes dust and allergens from flat surfaces like dashboards and dials
• Combination tool: a debris nozzle that converts to a brush tool for dusting vents and surfaces.
• Crevice tool: reaches tight places, cleaning between seats and inside narrow compartments
• Extension hose: extends and flexes to reach awkward spaces, like in footwells and beneath car seats
• Car charger: connects to a standard 12V accessory socket for charging on the move
• AC charger: connects to a standard 110V outlet for charging at home or at the trailer
Using the Dyson V7 Car+BoatWe don’t have a boat, so for our review, we used the Dyson V7 Car+Boat in our vehicles, and in our travel trailer. I think we gave it a pretty good work out to see what this little vacuum can do.
We love that it came with so many versatile attachments.The crevice tool makes it really easy to get into the nooks and crannies easier. This really picks up all the crumbs that the girls left behind.
A quick switch to the soft dusting brush, and I’m able to clean the dashboard and vents.
The mini motorized tool is amazing on the car seats and the floor carpets. Craig’s truck gets a lot of use in the summer when we’re camping. The kids and the dog can trek in a lot of dirt, grass and fur.
And worked really well for the entry carpet in our trailer. This area gets vacuumed a lot so it’s nice that the handheld is so quick and easy to use.
A trailer can be a dusty place, especially with a dog that sheds. The stiff bristle brush did a great job cleaning all of the dust off of the ceiling vent filter in our trailer.
When you add the small bending hose, it is really easy to get under the seats of your vehicle and into tight spaces. As well, it works really well when cleaning ceiling vents.
The suction lasts for 30 minutes at regular power. Switch it to Max power and you get 6 minutes of extremely strong suction for those tough jobs.
I found that some of the smaller tools worked well on the lower power setting. The mini motorized tool work best on the max power setting.
Dyson gives you 2 charging options – regular cord for a wall outlet and a 12 volt charger which can be used in the car or boat during travel.
Cleaning the Dyson V7 Car+Boat is really easy. It takes seconds to empty the dirt from the canister. No muss, no fuss. And then you can get back to cleaning quickly!
Pros and ConsI always like to weigh out the pros and cons of any product I am going to purchase, especially one that has a lot of competition.
• Lightweight yet durable
• easy to manoeuvre
• excellent suction
• great attachments
• 2 charging options – regular plug and 12v
• an accessory pouch to keep all of the attachments in one place is not included. As this vacuum is meant to be used in a vehicle, keeping things together is essential.
Where to buyThe Dyson V7 Car+Boat is available exclusively at dysoncanada.ca for $349.99.
If you are looking to pick up a Dyson V7 Car+Boat vacuum, or any other of Dyson’s many awesome products, look no further than Dyson’s website.
Get Social with DysonYou can follow Dyson on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
Disclaimer: We were provided the Dyson V7 Car+Boat for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
If you would like me to review your service, product, restaurant, or travel destination, please send me an email at email@example.com or tweet me @BigDaddyKreativ
About Dyson Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look different. We’re about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
• 75: Dyson machines are sold in more than 75 countries.
• $4.25bn (£2.5bn): in 2015, Dyson committed a $4.25bn investment in future technology. We are developing new portfolios of technology.
• $11.9m (£7m): invested each week in RDD.
• 7,000+: Dyson employs more than 7,000 people worldwide, a third of whom are engineers.