The @Dyson Cyclone V10: More Powerful than its Predecessors
28 Jan 2019
Disclaimer: We were provided the Dyson Cyclone V10 for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
We are a family with 2 working parents, 1 teenager, 1 pre-teen, one very active border collie mix (that sheds her fur everywhere), and we have a very full schedule. We always find ourselves playing catch-up on cleaning the house and are always looking to make cleaning quick and easy. This includes vacuuming.
It’s not that we don’t have a vacuum. We have a corded vacuum, and a portable handheld cordless vacuum. It’s just that one we use primarily for our main floor, and the other is kept in our garage to use for cleaning our vehicles and our travel trailer (which travels with us in the summer months).
Enter the Dyson Cyclone V10.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Models
There are 4 models available:
Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead – $599.99
• Includes Motorhead, Direct drive cleaner head, Quick-release combination tool, Quick-release crevice tool, Docking station, and Charger.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal = $699.99
• Includes Motorhead, Torque drive cleaner head, Quick-release combination tool, Quick-release mini soft dusting brush, Quick-release crevice tool, Docking station, and Charger.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute – $799.99
• Includes Motorhead, Torque drive cleaner head, Soft roller cleaner head, Quick-release mini motorized tool, Quick-release combination tool, Quick-release mini soft dusting brush, Quick-release crevice tool, Docking station, and Charger.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Extra – $849.99
• Includes Motorhead, Quick-release mini soft dusting brush, Torque drive cleaner head, Soft roller cleaner head, Quick-release mini motorized tool, Quick-release combination tool, Quick-release crevice tool, Up top tool, Extension hose, Quick-release flexi crevice tool, Tool bag, Docking station, and Charger.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Features
• Deep cleans carpets. Powerful suction and a torque-drive motor head clean deep into carpet removing ground-in dirt.
• Sucks up large debris and fine dust from hard floors. Powerful suction and a soft roller cleaner head remove fine dust and large debris simultaneously from hard floors.
• Up to 60 minutes fade-free power. Provides up to 60 minutes of suction and now fully charges in 3.5 hours.
• Bigger bin. 40% bigger bin to tackle those bigger cleans.
• Transforms to a handheld. Quickly and easily transforms to a handheld for cleaning on the stairs, in the car and on the sofa.
• Ergonomically balanced to clean up high. Weighing only 5.9 lbs., it’s lightweight and balanced for floor to ceiling cleaning. Cleans up top, down and low and in-between.
• Whole-machine filtration. Captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. Captures dust and allergens to expel cleaner air.
• Point and shoot hygienic dirt ejector. Hygienically drives out dust and debris – shooting it in the bin, not on the floor.
• Acoustically engineered. Acoustic baffles built into the motor diverts direct sound and improves airflow, also reducing noise.
What’s in the box
• Dyson Cyclone V10: Up to 60 minutes of powerful suction. 40% bigger bin for the big cleans. 2 cleaner heads and 4 tools.
• Torque drive cleaner head: Dyson’s most powerful cleaner head yet. Cleans across carpets and hard floors.
• Soft roller cleaner head: Engineered with soft woven nylon and anti-static carbon fibre, for hard floors.
• Quick-release mini motorized tool: Great for cleaning smaller surfaces, upholstery and stairs.
• Quick-release combination tool: Two tools in one, for versatile cleaning around the home.
• Quick-release mini soft dusting brush: Easy, vacuum-assisted dusting. Soft nylon bristles clean delicate surfaces.
• Quick-release crevice tool: Designed for precise cleaning around edges and narrow gaps.
• Docking station: Wall-mounted dock to recharge your vacuum and tidily store tools.
• Charger: Charges your vacuum with or without the Docking station.
Using the Dyson Cyclone V10
Easy To Use.
Quickly and easily transforms to a handheld for cleaning on the stairs, in the car, and on the sofa. Just remove the wand and voila!
Easy to empty.
Wendy really loves the point and shoot hygienic dirt ejector. Our other cordless vacuum is not quite as easy and requires a bit more juggling when trying to empty it into a bag without getting dust everywhere. The Dyson Cyclone V10 can be emptied quickly and the filter inside gets wiped as the dirt and dust from the canister can be easily aimed into a garbage bag.
The bin is 40% larger than the previous model, allowing us to tackle more. With Storm in the house, that means the V10 Cyclone can handle us vacuuming more dog hair, and not having to empty the bin as much.
Because the Dyson Cyclone V10 is cordless, you never have to worry about where to plug it in while using it or accidentally unplugging it while in use. It only takes 3.5 hours to charge and full suction lasts for up to 60 minutes of fade-free power. We are able to vacuum the whole main floor and 2nd floor before the battery ran out.
The Dyson Cyclone V10 is lightweight and easy to use. We use it to clean high places like ceiling fans or high corners in washrooms, or low places like stairs, sofas, and chairs. Because it is only 5.9lbs, there is little fatigue. Meaning, we can clean for longer.
It’s also light enough for the girls to use, which is a big bonus for us. They clean their own rooms, and help around the house.
Switching between all of the tools, is easy as well. The various tools allows you to clean so many different surfaces – carpet, hard floors, upholstery, blinds, fans, lights and so much more!
There are two different powered heads – a torque drive cleaner head and a soft roller cleaner head. The torque drive head is amazing as it deep cleans carpets and removes ground in dirt. The soft roller is made soft woven nylon and anti-static carbon fibre and is perfect for hard floors. Both of these come in really handy with Storm’s fur and dander!
Keeps your air clean.
You vacuum up the dust and allergens, the Dyson Cyclone V10 expels cleaner air. With a dog in the house, that is not just a nice feature. It is required.
View this post on Instagram
• lightweight enough to use for high places
• durable materials used in construction
• easy to manoeuvre
• excellent suction
• versatile attachments
• quick and easy to empty
• no cord
• Battery only allows 60 minutes of cleaning before having to be recharged. This is great if you are able to quickly vacuum what needs to be vacuumed, but if you have a lot of vacuuming to do, you will need to break up the tasks to accommodate battery charge time. That being said, 60 minutes is a lot of time.
Where to buy
The Dyson Cyclone V10 is available at dysoncanada.ca, ranging in price from $599.99 to $849.99 (depending on model).
If you are looking to pick up a Dyson Cyclone V10 vacuum, or any other of Dyson’s many awesome products, look no further than Dyson’s website.
View this post on Instagram
Get Social with Dyson