Big Daddy’s Spinach Smoothie #NewBDK
23 Dec 2013
A few people have asked me about what I put in my smoothie. Well the truth is, I have a few that I make. This is the one I drink the most.
Big Daddy’s Spinach Smoothie
• 1 scoop of Warrior Blend Raw Protein powder – natural flavour
• 2 scoops of Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass Powder
• 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds
• 2 tablespoons of hulled hemp seeds
• 1 banana (I pre-peel and freeze)
• a handful of blueberries (frozen, unsweetened)
• a handful of spinach
• 4 stalks of celery
• 4-5 cups of almond milk (depending on consistency preference)
I use original Almond Fresh almond milk. You can also buy unsweetened, which has less calories, but the original tastes better with this smoothie. If you want to add a bit of flavour, you can also try the vanilla almond milk.
You can use regular chia seeds instead of ground. They are bit cheaper. You should keep them in the fridge though.. if you don’t, the ground chia seeds seem to clump together.
If you make this, let me know what you think of it.
Have a favourite smoothie recipe? Comment below… I’d love to hear about it (and maybe try it).