Big Daddy’s Grilled Flank Steak. #Recipe
07 Apr 2017
What’s better than steak? Steak you can share with the rest of the family!
Flank steak is a very diverse steak. You can use it in salads, as a steak, in fajitas, or sliced in a sandwich.
I normally do not marinate flank steak, as it is a very juicy cut if cooked medium rare, which is how i like it.
Big Daddy’s Grilled Flank Steak
• 2 tbsp course salt
• 2 tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp black pepper
• 1 tsp dill seed
• 1 tsp coriander
1. Mix all spices in a small container
2. Cover, and set aside until ready to use.
* Note: A pre made spice mixture can be used here.
• 30 oz flank marinating steak
• Spice mixture
1. Preheat grill (BBQ) to high
2. Place steak onto hot grill
3. Flip steak (depending on how you like it done – temps and times below)
4. Let grill on the other side, monitoring temperature with a meat thermometer
Important: make sure you are using a meat thermometer to monitor your steak!
Once steak is done, remove from grill, and let sit for about 5 minutes. Then cut into thin (1/4 inch) slices. Serve with your favourite vegetable and potato side, or on a salad.
Meat Temps and Times
Always ensure you follow this chart from Canadian Beef for correct cooking methods: http://www.beefinfo.org/Default.aspx?ID=11&ArticleID=18&SecID=8
My thoughts on BBQ Sauce: Flank steak is one juicy cut of beef. If you season and prepare your steak properly, you should not need it.