Wireless Music: A Review of AUKEY’s EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones
04 May 2018
Disclosure: I received the AUKEY EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Music is Life.
I love music. I listen to it all day, used to DJ when I was younger, have a large music collection (vinyl, CD, and digital), appreciate that my wife and daughters love music, and are all musically inclined. We all appreciate good sound.
I don’t normally use headphones on a day-to-day basis. I work from home, so I have no commute. When it comes to listening to music, I pop open iTunes, and play my extensive library on shuffle.
When I travel, that is a different story. When flying somewhere, having a good set of headphones is essential. Not just for great sound, but for noise cancellation. You can have the best sound in the world coming from a set of headphones, but if you can clearly hear outside noise, it makes the listening experience less enjoyable.
But it’s not just for music. When traveling, I love to download movies and shows from Netflix onto my iPad for the flight. What better way to pass a long flight than to watch your favourite tv show or movie?
The EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones
When AUKEY reached out to see if I would like to review their newest set of bluetooth headphones, I gladly accepted. They are known to make great products, so I had high hopes for their new audio entry.
What’s in the box:
• AUKEY EP-B36 Foldable On-Ear Wireless Headphones
• Micro-USB Cable
• 3.5mm Audio Cable
• Carrying Case
• 24 Month Warranty Card
• User Manual
• Wired & Wireless Flexibility. The EB-B26 can be used as wireless or wired headphones, giving you freedom, and longevity for each use. If charging capabilities are not around, you can plug in, and continue listening to your favourite tunes.
• Great to Grab-and-Go. The EP-B36 bluetooth headphones easily fold up, and fit perfectly in the carrying case (included). They re sleek, foldable, and fashionable.
• Practical & Powerful Design. All controls are ergonomically placed to ensure an easy user experience. Microphone is positioned on the right ear cup for convenient hands-free calls.
• Freedom to Play. You can connect the EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones to any compatible mobile device. Enjoy hours of music without worrying about battery levels. If it runs out, plug in the provided 3.5mm Audio Cable, and you are good to go until you can charge the headphones again.
• 24 Month Warranty. Like all of their products, AUKEY backs the EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones with a 24-month warranty.
Driver Diameter: 40mm / 1.57”
Technology: BT 4.1, A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
Sensitivity: 98dB ±3dB
Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
Impedance: 32 ohm
Battery Life: 18 hours
Standby Time: 350 hours
Charging Time: 3 hours
Charging Input: DC 5V
Battery: Li-Polymer (420mAh)
Operating Range: Up to 10m / 33’
Cable Length: 1.2m / 3.94’
Audio Input: 3.5mm stereo jack
Dimensions: 173 x 172 x 66mm / 6.81” x 6.77” x 2.6”
Weight: 153g / 5.4oz
The AUKEY EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones provided me with wireless connectivity for my flights and airport layover, which was approximately 6 hours (each way). Some of those hours were downtime (going through customs, etc), but the battery life lasted for my fights, both ways. I even watched a movie on the flight back (Kickboxer: Vengeance). The EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones were not used or charged for the 5 days I was away.
Although I could hear some minor wind and engine noise from the aircraft (which is understandable), I did not hear anyone talking. When the stewardess came by for snacks and drinks, I had to remove the headphones to hear her.
The Bluetooth 4.1 connected quickly and smoothly to both my iPod and iPad. They were comfortable to wear, with padded soft leather-like ear-cup that fit well. The volume controls work well. The compact foldable design fits well in the included carry case, as well as the 3.5mm and charging cables. I even had room to squeeze my iPod in there.
The quality of sound from the over-sized 40mm drivers is rich, delivering a nice deep bass and beautiful highs. The EP-B36 are quite powerful for a compact design.
The sound is great for the price point. You may get better sound and noise cancellation out of premium brands like Bose and Sennheiser, but you will pay a premium price for those brands. For this price point, the EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones are amazing. If you are looking for an affordable set of wireless Bluetooth headphones, these would be a great choice.
2 big thumbs up!
Win AUKEY EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones!
The folks at AUKEY have generously given me a EP-B36 Bluetooth Headphones to give away to one of my lucky readers. All you have to do to enter is click on the Giveaway Tools widget below and follow the prompts. It’s that simple. Don’t forget to comment when prompted, and make sure you enter all the information asked (including your name and email address). Contest closes at 11:59pm on Sunday, May 20th, 2018.
Get Social with AUKEY!