Making life easier with the AUKEY CBH18 USB Hub
02 Nov 2018
In my never ending quest to better my life, I am always on the lookout for things that will help me make my life easier. It’s all about working smarter, not harder. Not to say I don’t work hard… but I like to think of ways to work smarter, so I am not doing necessary work.
Several years ago, I bought a USB 2.0 hub for my home office. At the time, it worked great. It fit the needs of the devices I would be plugging in to it. In fact, I had extra space.
Fast forward 7 years, I find my self playing musical cords with that hub. I have too many things to plug in, and not enough space in the hub.
I want to plug in all the things!
Unfortunately, I’m running out of places to plug things in. Every time I need to charge my phone, I am unplugging my headset or webcam. I either need less USB powered devices, or a hub the can handle my needs.
The latter is more realistic, because really, who is going to give up their devices? Not this guy.
The AUKEY CB-H18 Powered USB Hub
When AUKEY Canada reached out to me to see if I would like to review their CBH18 Powered USB Hub, I gladly accepted. Three USB charging ports and seven USB data ports had me intrigued.
What’s in the box:
• AUKEY CB-H18 7-Port USB Charging Hub with 3 Charging Ports
• 12V/4A Power Adapter
• 3.3ft USB-A to A Cable
• 24 Month Warranty Card
• User Manual
• Expand. Turn a single USB 3.0 port on your computer into seven USB 3.0 data ports (data transfer rates up to 5Gbps). You can keep all of your peripherals and memory media plugged in without having to switch them back and fourth.
• AiPower. Three AiPower adaptive charging ports to charge iOS and Android devices at up to 2.4A, or anything that needs a USB charge.
• Performance. The CB-H18 powered hub delivers high data transfer rates, and exceptional charging performance. Even with all of the ports filled, it operates effectively, and supports rapid data transfer to and from both powered and non-powered hard drives.
• Plug-and-play. There are no drivers or software to install. Just plug in the CB-H18 to your computer’s USB 3.0 port.
Model Number: CB-H18
Interfaces: Seven USB 3.0 Data Ports, Three AiPower Charging Ports
Input: 100-240V, 1.2A
Output: 2.4A Max (AiPower Charging Port)
Cord Length: 1m / 3.3′
Weight: 120g / 4.23oz
Like all of their products, AUKEY backs the CB-H18 Powered USB Hub with a 24-month warranty.
Add two-sided velcro tape to the back of the unit. It will stay in place on your desk. If you ever need to remove/replace the unit, the velcro tape is removable. Stay organized, and tidy!
The USB hub handled everything I needed to keep plugged in, and charges everything i need charged. With my Mac Pro, I have several USB devices and peripherals that need to be plugged in at all times. The CB-H18 handles it perfectly. I’d say that’s a win/win for my home office. Other than the addition of an LED light on the top to show it is on, this unit is perfect for any home office with lots of USB data/charge needs.
2 big thumbs up!
Get Social with AUKEY!
Disclaimer: I received an AUKEY CB-H18 Powered USB Hub for review purposes. All opinions are my own.